Friday, July 20, 2018

Poem: Burning stars and flaming souls


 Burning stars and flaming souls


Sometimes what you need is all you need.
What you want is your life your way
your differences are your shield
and your world is always your own.

There is a place deep within us
that knows what keeps us whole
and that great inner galaxy
swirls with desperate intensity
Setting the worlds around on fire.

The mind can be an Escher maze
where things are upside down and inside out.
We walk the stairs and find ourselves the wrong way 'round.
But there is always a light that guides us
If we can recognize it through the haze.

Bring your deep within to me
And let me see your darkness
For I will not run and I will not hide
Because our nightfall is the same.
When you feel the icy hand of terror
Covering your heart and freezing the soul
Remember I am here for you
I am not afraid of tears
And despair has been a companion
that's walked beside me many times.
Let’s be stars together
Shining in the night
Spinning together toward that
Clear and dazzling light.

Heather Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment