Saturday, November 5, 2016

Identity crisis: A Disturbance In The Force

  
                                         Identity Crisis: A disturbance in the force


  An identity crisis is no small thing. It feels like a titanic shifting--a sailboat on the Atlantic. It's trying to figure out who you are if you are not what you were.
  When circumstances change and you are no longer able to do what you did that made you YOU there is a quicksand effect where the more you fight the changes the faster you sink. It's a letting go of control that is both difficult but can also be like falling asleep. Surrender to subconscious thought. Dreaming different dreams.
   So you ask, over and over, WHO AM I?  What is my place? Where is my tribe? How can I Become? Where do I want to go from here?
  It could be simple if you let it but the trick is letting go and that can be a steep mountain you have to climb before you can fly again.
  It must be admitting that you are different but still your core self remains. Love yourself where you are. Accept yourself where you are.
   Can you find new people and still retain the original tribe that you so identified with? Can you keep everyone?

   The utmost question:  Will i still be accepted and loved when I've shed the things that I am no longer and what do I do now? Will people understand who I am now?

Big question. No simple answers. Just something to ponder and sift through like sand. It will all get worked out. for now it's just a disturbance in the Force.

No comments:

Post a Comment