Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The Broken Brain's Journey through Underland

Written  by Heather Rose


Winding up, thoughts swirling,
pulse burning, heart banging,
feeling that your hair is on fire,
your feet won't move,
you cannot find a solid thought.

            Dying down, laying, sleeping,
thoughts slowing, mind darkening,
lights turning off and off and off,
brain dimming, energy draining,
falling down a deep hole into mindless sleep.

             Light hitting like a fist,
voices all around so loud, so close,
the sound of a car engine makes you
want to yell to SHUT UP!
Everything hits you like a raw nerve.
Lights, sounds, movement, people
moving around you, people talking
all sound too loud.

             Someone can hear me. Someone can see me
through my computer screen.Through my TV.
Someone is after me. There are plots all around.
Who is a friend? Who isn't? Unsure.Too aware.
All movement is meant for me. All static.
All rotating around my busy, busy mind.
Doors locked. Cell phone off. Computer off.
Inside. Inside. Inside. Quiet. Alone. Safe.


So tired. So tired. Mind tired. Body tired.
Faith lost. Future lost. Deepening down to
my worn heart. Beating slowly now.
Thoughts darkening like storms becoming
tornadoes blasting away the light.
Head down. Eyes closed. Heart protected.
Up goes the big, brick wall.
The locked gate.
The sentry at the door.
No one gets in. No one gets out.

No comments:

Post a Comment