Sunday, January 3, 2016

Poem: Mind, heart and soul



Mind, Heart and Soul
My mind pounds down that thin corridor of past mistakes,
heart drilling staccato beats like a drum,
willing my feet forward so slowly,
I yearn for that prior love.

Grand schemes of larger things,
I feel betrayed by my false sensations of love.
The clouds gather a withering down to grey
as I watch.
My heart is no longer a living thing.
My soul needs that eternal quiet.
Dancing through my dreams she lives
but down here there is only me.
You never have to feel lonely
If you feel safer alone.
There is a windowsill where my geodes rest,
remembering those times in the wild woods when I
collected them clears my head.
There is only this time.
There is only these feelings.
There is only me deciding who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment