Sunday, January 10, 2016

Poem: Snow


Snow gives us back our innocence
It frees us from any ugliness
hides it all beneath a glimmering 
cascade of white. 

Snow--bringer of sleds and skiis,
hot cocoa and warm blankets
thoughts of fires brightly burning
and stories told in the bright white night.

Stars shine in those crystals laid down,
the stuff of the atmosphere here in our midst
stepping on a bit of frozen ocean 
that rose to join the cold, cold air overhead.

Running through that white moment in time,
I remember all the reasons I love to run. 
It creates moments where there would be none before. 
This simple activity gets me out among the clean,
the white, the pure, the morning blanket which 
both chills and warms. 
It reminds me why we are born.
It reminds me why we are alive. 

H.Lake
 

No comments:

Post a Comment