Thursday, August 1, 2013

first month in the new home


      I have now been in my new home for a month. It is a very different way of life from what I am used to. But I like it. Daily chores are a bit more time consuming but I think that is a good way to live. I have started to develop a pattern which is quite nice.
   I get up early and go outside and wake up the chickens. Actually I just open their coop door and they come out. I like the chickens. We have 12 of them and that means free range fresh eggs!  Throughout the day I save up my food scraps for them. I also save leftover lettuce and carrots for the bunnies. We have three of them. They like it when I give them food. I like to watch them eat the food I give them. I don't have water here so I fetch water from the main house and keep it in my little fridge. I also take my dishes into the main house to wash them...collecting them in a big basket throughout the day.
   It is easy to keep the house clean as there isn't much room for it to be messy. I do have to keep it very organized, however, as the least bit of mess shows up really clearly. But I have always liked to have things orderly anyway. I like having a kitchen table next to the window where the cats can look out and watch the bird feeder. They love that! I also have my little home gym set up here. Got my punching bag/gloves, medicine ball, mat, foam roller, TRX, bands and weights. I have a pullup bar but haven't found  a good place to put it up yet.
   It is very nice also to have a garden. I can go out my door and gather fresh tomatoes. There is broccoli growing, beans, pumpkins and squash. I have fresh lemon balm and peppermint. I have a friend told me to put peppermint in my water would make it taste better and colder. I think that is true because when I chew my spearmint gum and then drink water with it still in my mouth the water is almost too cold to drink!!
   I am excited for when it gets cold enough I can try out my little woodstove! I have always wanted a fireplace. I love the feel of a warm fire (one of my favorite things about camping) , I love the way they smell. I am looking forward to a nice, crisp fall night when I can snuggle down in front of the fire and read a book. It's great to have my artwork displayed where friends can see it. I am now starting to work on a new collage! I finally got some mod podge and a new board. I also got a new sketch pad and some pencils. I have many pencils but I wanted these particular kind that are wash pencils so you can draw something and then put a wet brush against it and it will wash it like a watercolor. OH and the main house has a piano!! I am thinking of taking piano lessons.
   I get along great with all my housemates and feel pretty at home here. So yep! Now to fill it with friends. :-)   maybe a game night...or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment