Wednesday, August 7, 2013

little things

 
     I woke up this morning and decided I wanted to write. Nothing specific. Sometimes I just feel like letting some stuff out. Living alone is alright except when you feel like processing something with another person. Then I must find an outlet and blogging is that outlet.
     Since the training run (marathon) on Saturday I have only run once. Yesterday I put in my 4 miles from my training schedule  but today I am supposed to do 6. I kind of wish I had someone to run with. Thursday I am to do 8miles so I will go to running group and hope to find someone who wants to run with me.
    Today I don't have anything going on until I teach this evening so I am using the time to get my paperwork organized, work on my trekking playlists, do laundry and clean. I am also going to make a pot of broccoli soup. The recipe is really simple:  two cans of cream of chicken soup, 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, big head of broccoli that you separate into smaller pieces. Then add milk, salt and pepper and let it sit and simmer for about an hour. The broccoli mushes up into the soup and just spreads that flavor around and it is really yummy! That will be my dinner along with some leftover ham I got to take home from the race (Thanks Melanie!)

    My thought for the day: Do not compare yourself to others. There will always be those who are more accomplished, more popular and have more material wealth than you do. Remember that all those things are surface things and that the most important thing is to be honest with yourself and those around you and try to raise up each moment with what you choose to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment