Monday, August 19, 2013

summer is almost gone. What have I done with it??

  School buses are out. The mornings feel crisper. There are pumpkins and hardy mums at the grocery store. Summer is almost over and what did I do with it?
                  Nothing really
  
   I never left town, didn't go see my mom, never traveled to some lovely place or go hiking in the mountains. I didn't see a beach once. I never even got to the pool. No time at the lake. Sigh. I was feeling a mixture of things about it on my walk to work this morning. On the one hand I got a new position at work as a fitness instructor and so spent a lot of time this summer teaching and I had clients to train so I was busy and I love my job and love teaching so that has been very nice.
   I also moved mid-summer to a new house which has been an adjustment for me. Primarily a good one but even positive stress is still stress.
   And, Of course, I have been running a lot. I started in June/July training for my first 50K which is exciting. I ran a marathon as a training run for it early this month and that was GREAT!!  Training is going well and I feel good about that however it takes a LOT of time. I am running 3X a week during the week and have been running back to back long runs on the weekends. So pretty much this summer has been:
  1.    running
  2. work
  3. sleeping
  4. eating
  5. some time with friends
  6. more running.............and more running..........
  I am trying not to be too bummed that I didn't get a vacation away this summer. I didn't get to run in any new places or discover anything novel but I did have some fun times here at home amidst all the work, chores and general life-living stuff.

     Fall schedule for the gym starts next week and I will be teaching a circuit strength class in addition to three trekking classes a week plus I have two new clients and some continuing ones. So I can't complain. It has been nice to live vicariously through my friends' many adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment