Saturday, June 25, 2016

I killed kale and grew a pond









   I killed kale and grew a pond

I braved to grow kale plants this year. They died quickly after putting them in a large red bucket. No ventilation or way for the water to escape. I would tell people, “Here is my porch and this is the kale I killed.”

One day after the point of hopelessness I noticed small organisms in the kale muck. I have created a new world. An ecosystem off its own. What must they be thinking swimming around in their little watery world? They would only know me as the creator of their watery world. Inconceivable would be the absolute failure of my attempt to grow kale. I watched them swim around and thought, “I have killed kale and created a pond.” Whether they are frogs or some other beings it doesn't matter. To me they are all wonderful life.

The real words should have been “I killed kale and created a world.”

Creatures!!
Live good lives! Have fun! Make a better world for yourself than I did. I will try to keep the bucket full of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment