Tuesday, July 5, 2016

A discussion about depression and anxiety: what worries do to you and why they do it

                        Hi. Depression and anxiety. Hmmm...how do we start a conversation?

"I'm depressed. I have social anxiety. I have noise anxiety. I have out-of-the-house-on-a-daily-basis anxiety."
            
                       Does that work?

How about "Some days I am so worried about my friends that I can't talk to my friends."
       
                                                         OR

"Some nights I worry that my anxiety is causing my depression to increase therefore the worries cause more anxiety which leads me to being depressed that I am worried which leads to more worry about people,things, situations and also whether or not I have enough eggs for breakfast."

THEN I need to leave the house to GET eggs for breakfast which is an anxiety-producing thing in itself. The car/bus/walk to the store? The People IN the store? Talking to the people in the store? Finding which eggs I want? What kind of clothes do I wear for a quick trip to the store? Am I talking to myself without knowing it? Um.....so maybe I will have oatmeal for breakfast.



I get depressed in the evenings....and the mornings...during the day. But also before bed, IN bed, when I get out of bed and when I walk into the living room to see one of my cats has once again threw up a hairball on my couch.

Crying is just part of living. Like drinking water, sweating, breathing and brushing my teeth. Sometimes I cry while i do all three of those. Brushing my teeth is difficult while crying. You are filling your mouth with water and yet water is also coming out of your face. You could almost replace the water from the faucet with the tears especially since the saltiness will act as a sort of  'plaque loofa' .  If you have to cry in public hopefully it will be raining. Then the tears can just look like rain running down your face.


Crying it not to be confused with actual sadness. It is, like I said, just something that happens with depression sometimes. As sweating is to exercise crying is to depression. As race jitters is to competitive events anxiety is to anything in life which requires me to go outside; listen to noises; deal with friend conflicts; be in an environment in which responsibility is given to me like eating in a restaurant, buying movie tickets, sit in an audience, wear something nice but uncomfortable and basically leaving my safe space.


Okay. I guess that's as much as I can say about depression and anxiety right now. I am sure I will think of more things later......when i am not so worried about my worries about how this blog post will go. Yup. That's it. For now.

I have to end this somehow.

um..............Bye? Yes...that's it. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment